Friday, January 18, 2008

Troum "Sen" :: Running low

Thanks to everyone for making Sen a success. It's only been 1 week since I announced the release of this somewhat lavish 2xLp set --- and stocks are already running low. In fact I have - at the time of writing this - only about 10 picture discs left and the coloured vinyls are both running low too.

Distributors ::
The following distributors are stocking Troum's Sen 2xLP and I urge you to shop here as they need your support ...
  • Adagio380 (Germany)
  • Aquarius Records (USA - they have the ultra-limited clear vinyl version)
  • Beta-lactam Ring Records (USA)
  • Conspiracy Records (Belgium)
  • Cold Spring (UK)
  • Drone (Germany - of course)
  • My Own Salvation (France)
  • Old Europa Cafe (Italy)
  • Soleilmoon (USA)
  • Tesco (Germany)
Note :: Not all these have received their copies yet or added this item to their stock list - but they will.

International Postage Grumbles ::
I need to emphasize this - the USPS (United States Post Office) has a crappy international service. Before May 2007 you could send packages economy (surface) - this was slow but had the distinct advantage of being cheap. Then - after some fundamentally and institutionally corrupt lobbying by big media business - the USPS removed all cheap international postage options leaving everyone with just 1 choice: air mail (= expensive). And these rates were increased by a huge amount at the same time (like rubbing salt in a wound).
This sad state of affairs is compounded by the fact that no air packages can be insured or tracked (a service even backward countries like the UK can offer). I can send things via DHL (which tracks packages) but this costs a small fortune - even after the nice discount I managed to negotiate.
So - sorry to all international customers. The USPS sucks but there is nothing at all I can do about this. The prices I charge are correct - high - but correct, and sometimes the postage charged me is even higher than what I charged! Not the best business strategy of all time but I cannot be bothered to revise my hard-won postage code. I want to direct my energies in releasing records - not farting about in dull postage calculation code...

Forthcoming ::
The Bass Communion CD/DVD-A set Pacific Codex is being constructed and shrink-wrapped. It should be out sometime the first week February. It looks incredible and represents a massive effort by everyone concerned.
The New Blockaders + Das Synthetische Mischgewebe :: The Monosyllabic Bicycles Tri-Coloured Quadruples LP/7" should be out roughly same time. The sleeves for the LP are incredible. Huge ultra-heavy casebound glossy slabs of card!! Records are great (heavy, 200g vinyl). I am still waiting on the 7" copies. I expect there to be 285 numbered copies.
The Aidan Baker 2xLP set Gathering Blue is also going to be started very soon. It will be in a beautiful gatefold sleeve (designed by Aidan) and will be limited to about 300 copies (not because I have an inexhaustable collectors fetish - but because I simply cannot afford to make any more, vinyl is costing more and more to make these days).
Also an LP by APSE - an amazing group from CT and MA - will be in the pipe soon. Not sure of all the details yet - but it will likely be housed in a gatefold sleeve and be limited to about 400 copies (or so).
Finally plans for a Various Artists compilation 2xCD set is being hatched as I write titled :: SouthendPunk.com: Rare, Vintage and Unreleased Tracks From The Southend Punk Scene 1977 to 1986 is being planned. This is a major effort, slightly obscure I grant you but good stuff, really worth checking out.

No comments: