Monday, April 30, 2007

Entry #02 :: Damarge box sets (E=mc04)

Equation has recently moved (from CT to MA in case you're interested). Moving was a complete bummer and was very stressfull ... however one good thing emerged from the pile of boxes and packing that has been my life for the past 3 months or so ... namely ...

I found 3 (yes THREE) copies of the Damarge box set (E=mc04). In case you didn't know I made 20 copies of this mega box-set back in 2003 (plus 3 promos, one was for John Peel [R.I.P.] ).

I thought I'd sold out - which was clearly bollocks (Q: How could you not know you hadn't sold out, you only made 20 for gawdssake? A: Because I'm a forgetful old arse). 3 new, unplayed/touched/soiled copies are sitting on my racks downstairs waiting for a good home.

This set is quite simply UNE FOLLIE EXTRAORDINAIRE - une vanite par excellent and features numerous Peter King clear vinyl lathe-cut discs.
The set consists:
  • 4 x 10" E.P.'s
  • 2 x 12" LP's
  • 1 x square 8" (in pic sleeve) :: E=mc03 (only available in this set)
  • Full colour labels (which cost over $850 to typeset and print when I could have done them myself for free - more fool me).
  • all housed in a hand-made box
  • 2 booklets, mini-poster, 2 badges, 2 fridge magnets plus reproduction tickets and gig flyers and 2 mini-stickers.
Each one costs $115 + postage (quite expensive) which is below cost!

You may not believe it (or care) but I actually lose money on each copy (around $100, honest!!). It cost me an arm-and-a-leg to make (mainly due to an incompetant printer who screwed me, less said about that the better).

See the dedicated Damarge web site here: www.chronoglide.com for more info.
(Pics, history and much of the audio on the records - so if you buy one you'll know exactly what you're getting ... read the blurb on this site and elsewhere).

Damarge existed between 1981 & 1985 (in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK) and featured yours truly (Herr Doktor Professor Eqvation) and 3 other Herberts (sorry, that should be 2 Herberts and Snowboy, whose musical career is, well, extra-ordinary and is regarded by those-in-the-know as Britain's best Latin-Jazz, Afro-Cuban Conga player/percussionist and is also internationally recognized as a serious and in-demand session man, producer, arranger and DJ and writer and ... and ... just check his own site if you don't believe me... www.snowboy.info ). Great sense of style too! Bless.

I don't expect there to be a huge rush for this record (which is really nothing more than a vainglorious vanity project) - but it is nice, so get 'em while you can!

No comments: